Post Tensioning of Building Slab
This is a good video showing step-by-step procedure of a building post tensioning slab. These are some of the main steps shown in this video.
- PC Strand preparation, into a uncoiler.
- Cutting the PC strand into desired length and pack them according to tendon size / configuration.
- Forming Fixed Anchors (Dead End) with the use of a Bond Head Machine.
- Positioning the Anchors on formwork with pocket former.
- Installation of galvanised steel duct and Bursting Reinforcement.
- Securing the Fixed Anchors.
- Positioning of Bar Chairs to achieve desired tendon profile.
- Installation of Grout Vents to tendon.
- Removing pocket former and installing of Anchor Head & Wedge in preparation for Stressing.
- Marking of PC Strand length for elongation reading (after stressing).
- Stressing using hydraulic Mono Stressing Jack.
- Checking for desired PC Strand elongation.
- Removing excess PC Strand and covering up recess pocket.
- Preparation of Grout material.
- Grouting of tendon and job completion.